Most of the Doctoral degrees require the completion of 40 credits beyond the Master’s degree with the option of doing a doctoral dissertation for a portion of the credits. The following degrees require 60 credits beyond the Master’s degree, including a mandatory doctoral dissertation: Doctor of Christian Philosophy, Doctor of Divinity, and Doctor of Theology. These credits may come from a combination of: 1) courses taken; 2) an original dissertation or ministry project; and 3) a practicum or internship experience. The student is expected to work together with the Dean in designing a program that will meet his desire for growth in the area(s) in which God has placed a passion in his heart.
- Courses taken: The student may choose any of the courses offered by CLU. If he chooses an undergraduate course, additional work will be added to fulfill the graduate-level requirements.
- Original dissertation or ministry project: This can be an original written work, or the creation of a ministry work. Uniqueness and/or originality will be key evaluation points of this project. If a written project, it should keep a balance between original textual research (in Scripture and secondary literature) and a practical testing of the thesis in real life. Somehow the ministry work or the original written work should add a new perspective to the knowledge and practice of the topic addressed by the thesis.
- Practicum or internship: We also encourage a portion of the doctoral degree be from real life ministry experience.
Limits: A maximum of 20 credits may be awarded for the total of both transfer credits from other institutions and from credits earned for life experience. Of these 20, no more than 10 may come from credits earned for life experience.
Click on any degree for more info.
- D.B.S. Doctor of Biblical Studies
- D.C.A. Doctor of Christian Arts
- D.C.C. Doctor of Christian Counseling
- D.C.E. Doctor of Christian Entrepreneurship
- D.C.L. Doctor of Christian Leadership
- D.D.H. Doctor of Divine Healing
- D.I. Doctor of Intercession
- D.Min. Doctor of Ministry
- D.M.E. Doctor of Missions and Evangelism
- D.M.P. Doctor of Ministry in Prophetic
- D.W.M. Doctor of Worship Ministry
- D.Y.M. Doctor of Youth Ministry
You may choose instead to receive a Doctor of Ministry with a major in any of the above concentrations:
Doctor of Ministry (major in Bible, Creative Writing, Christian Counseling, Christian Entrepreneurship, Christian Leadership, Divine Healing, Intercession, Missions and Evangelism, Prophetic Ministry, Worship Ministry, or Youth Ministry)
The following degrees require 60 credits beyond the Master’s degree, including a doctoral dissertation:
D.C.Phil. Doctor of Christian Philosophy (major in any of the above concentrations: Biblical Studies, Christian Arts, Christian Counseling, Christian Entrepreneurship, Christian Leadership, Divine Healing, Intercession, Ministry, Missions and Evangelism, Prophetic Ministry, Worship Ministry, or Youth Ministry)